I am a certified secondary science teacher. I have 6 years of teaching experience in the Mountain Brook School System in Birmingham, Alabama.  I have been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years, but intend to return to the class room within the next 3 years.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Podcast for Dumbies

No, I am not calling you a dumbie! I wanted you to know that anyone can podcast and this tool can be used in sooo many ways by teachers. The more creative the teacher, the more creative the possibilities. One reason I am excited about podcasts is being able to have important lecture material available for students when they are studying, doing homework, or have been absent. The student can listen to your podcast from that days lecture and review the material or get help with homework. They may hear something that they did not hear in class. Podcasting is a great way to reinforce what was taught in class. If I used podcasts for just this one reason I think the investment would be well worth it. Other ways to use a podcast would be to welcome students and parents to a new school year, and go over rules and expectations. Student podcasts could be available when you have class presentations. I am sure the kids would go crazy over something like this. I am very excited about using podcast in the classroom and on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment