I am a certified secondary science teacher. I have 6 years of teaching experience in the Mountain Brook School System in Birmingham, Alabama.  I have been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years, but intend to return to the class room within the next 3 years.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

BLOG-errific!

Every teacher should have a blog. They should not be forced to have one. They should be so excited about the endless possiblities of using blogs that they have to set one up right away. As soon as I get back in the class room I will have a blog ready to go. The lines of communication are wide open with blogs. A few things that are must haves on my teacher blog are going to be: a calendar that has due dates, test dates, and fun dates, topics covered, additional helpful links, podcasts of important lectures, a what's going on section for parents to view pictures and samples of work that are being done in class, supply list, and review games for exams. I had a teacher website when I taught in Mountain Brook, but a blog is more practical and efficient. I can view student or parent comments and get instant feed back from them or to them. Blogging is the most exciting tool that increases a teacher's ability to communicate better with students, parents, and other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment